Monday, July 19, 2010

Hold On to Your Hats Gloves & Boleros! A preview of our first virtual TRUNK SHOW!!!!!

Here's the scoop......... Last year I bought this line of knitwear for the shop. The pieces consisted of two sizes of capes with mini ruffles in contrasting colors. And a stole with three layers of relaxed ruffles. I bought gloves with crocheted flowers and the fingers cut out so you can answer your phone and text, and hats. Robes damn near had a coronary because we live in south central TEXAS where, pardonnez moi, we don't wear a lot of hats and gloves. He asked me WHY in the *!*?! did you buy apparel??????? This question, struck me rather amusingly coming from a guy nicknamed "Robes". I said "because this line reminded me of EVA TRA LA LA from Paris." He said ....."BUY MORE".........We sold out 4 times......Hats gloves, EVERYTHING......This is some of the 2010 collection..............LOVING IT!!
RUANNAS, BOLEROS, EXTROARDINARY GLOVES, HATS,
SCARVES, FELT NECKLACES, JUST WAIT AND SEE!!!!!!!!! We will keep you posted as to when it will be. 23 colors and you can do contrasting ruffles.......I can't wait we've never done this before.... Spread the word hummingbirds!!!!!!!! xo

17 comments:

  1. Ooh-la-la! Ceux-ci sont absolument fabuleux !

    I loved those items that you had last year!!! ~Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...these are unbelievably cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these!
    Perfect for a New Orleans winter.
    xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know how this hummingbird feels about this line. I do declare that even us Texan women will be wanting to wear despite warmer weather. So happy to read of it's smashing success thus far and I think the best is yet to come.

    I tweeted & facebooked about it today, had to share the loveliness!
    Hugs to you & Robes xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun, feminine and FABULOUS!!!

    ~jermaine~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who could resist those ruffles even in a Texas heatwave?

    La Mom
    An American Mom in Paris

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maryanne...thanks so much for visiting! I'm looking forward to exploring your blog more...just discovered you!

    I love all this beautiful knitwear...we could definitely use these items in Seattle...year round too! ;)
    xo Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maryanne, can always count on you for loveliness. Funny, I was just going to say that these will be perfect in Seattle, coming fall, but the blogger before me just said the same! (:

    Hope all is well! Sorry I have been so blog lazy this summer. You will see more of me soon!

    ox, Mon

    http://www.splendidwillow.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Mary Ann! love the ensemble, I can't wait for this event! I enjoyed the previous post you had on the chandeliers. Thanks for the intro to the artst. Hope you are having great day! verbena cottage

    ReplyDelete
  12. we really need to start wearing hats and gloves again.
    it would add a great deal to our social graces...
    which, in my opinion would be a welcomed improvement.
    ...give me any chance to go
    'glamour puss'......
    and i am there!!

    i am right there with you!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty and fun! Good Luck with this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Maryanne,

    Very elegant and love all the ruffles.

    Happy week
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete